Accredited by People Cert and AXELOS
Understand how to develop organizational capacity and capability to deliver selected programmes and projects through Portfolio, Programme & Project offices, and Center of Excellence.
- Experienced & accredited trainers
- Accredited training material
- Training & examination in 3 days
- Practice exam questions
- Excellent first attempt pass ratio
|Location||Schedules||Regular Fee||Early Bird Fee||Register|
|Contact us to schedule this session for your team at your preferred location and dates|
The purpose of P3O is to provide universally applicable guidance that will enable individuals and organizations to establish, develop and maintain appropriate business support structures.
P3O Key Capabilities
- Support business outcomes
- Enable business change
- Manage risk in line with business needs
- Optimize customer experience
- Show value for money
- Continually improve
Benefits of P3O
- Informed senior management decision making on factors including strategy, prioritization, risk management and optimization of resources in order to successfully deliver their business objectives (portfolio management)
- Identification and realization of business outcomes and benefits via programmes
- Successful delivery of project outputs that enable benefits within time, cost and quality restraints.
IntroductionThe purpose of the Foundation qualification is to confirm that a candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the P3O guidance to interact effectively with, or act as an informed member of, an office within a P3O model. The Foundation qualification is a pre-requisite for the Practitioner qualification.
Learning ObjectivesThe candidate should understand the key principles and terminology within the P3O guidance. Specifically, the candidate should understand the:
- High-level P3O model and its component offices
- Differences between Portfolio, Programme and Project Management
- Key functions and services of a P3O
- Reasons for establishing a P3O model
- Differences between types of P3O model and the factors that influence selection of the most appropriate model
- Processes to implement or re-energize a P3O
- Tools and techniques used by a P3O
- Purpose and major responsibilities of the defined roles
Recommended ParticipantsMembers of offices within a P3O model or anyone who needs to understand the terminology and concepts underpinning P3O and those wishing to pursue higher level qualifications.
PrerequisitesKnowledge and experience of project management will be helpful, but not necessary.
Course FormatThe course uses a stimulating mix of instructions, quizzes, workshops, discussions, practice exams, and a certificate exam
- Course reference manual containing copy of course slides, support documents, quizzes and answers
- Practice examination
- Course Certificate
- Exam certificate on passing the P3O Foundation examination
- Why have P3O?
- Designing a P3O Model
- Implementing & Re-energizing a P3O
- Implementation lifecycle for a permanent P3O model
- Implementation lifecycle for a temporary programme or project office
- P3O Tools and Techniques
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Practice Examination
- Concept of business-as-usual
- What is P3O
- AXELOS Best Practice Guidance
- Best Practice Management Principles
- Maximizing value of P3O
- Getting investment for the P3O
- P3O vision and business case
- P3O value matrix
- P3O capability & linked outcomes
- P3O Key performance indicators
- Delivery support functions
- Center of excellence functions
- P3O model design considerations
- P3O model with an organization portfolio office
- P3O model with hub portfolio offices connected by spokes
- Virtual P3O model
- Success factors for P3O offices
- Integration with wider organization
- Independent assurance of P3O
- Deliver capabilities & realize benefits
- Organizational context
- Definition and implementation of a temporary programme or project office
- Running a temporary office through to delivery
- Treatment of internal resources within a temporary project office
- Closing down a temporary programme or project office
- Types of tools and their usage
- Types of techniques and their usage
- Benefits of using standard tools and techniques
- Bringing the right tool
- Critical success factors when introducing tools and techniques into the P3O
- Examples of P3O tools
- Examples of P3O techniques
- P3O generic roles
- P3O functional roles
Practice ExamA one-hour practice exam is part of the course. The practice exam aims to help participants in passing the P3O Foundation certification exam.
Certification ExaminationA 60-minute certification exam is scheduled on the last day of the course, consisting of Seventy-Five (75) multiple choice questions, 5 questions to be trial and will not be counted in score. Candidates must achieve 50% marks (35 out of 70) to receive their examination certificate.
Why select Business Beam as your Training Provider?
Free lifetime revisionRefresh your concepts by re-attending our training session for FREE. (What’s this?)
Accredited Training OrganizationBusiness Beam is an ATO, PECB Partner, and Global REP.
Approved course materialThe training material is verified and approved.
Quality Training MaterialYou will receive a comprehensive training manual.
Accredited trainersOur trainers are experienced consultants and accredited trainers.
Excellent feedback92%+ of our overall customers rates us excellent or very good.
Experience tells all500+ accredited courses to 7,000 professionals in classroom.
At your premiseslThis training is also available at your preferred premises and timings.
FREE Lifetime Revisions
Business Beam offers FREE lifetime revisions to its valuable training participants, who want to refresh their concepts. Participants are welcome to attend training again for FREE.
- This offer can only be availed by the participants who attends our training sessions in 2016 and onwards.
- For revision, participants may join any of our pre-scheduled open-enrollment training session at any location worldwide. Updated training schedule is available at our website (www.businessbeam.com).
- Participants are welcome do more than one revisions, as required.
- Revision participant shall pay the training logistic expenses.
- This offer shall not be applicable if the course version changes (e.g. PMP based on PMBOK v5 to v6).
- Training attendance certificate shall not be issued to revising participants.
- This offer is valid for training courses only; examinations of any kind are not part of this offer.
- This offer subjects to the confirmation of training session, and the availability of space.
- The terms and conditions are subject to change without any prior notice.