ISO 38500 Lead IT Corporate Governance Manager
Accredited by PECB
Mastering the Implementation and Management of Corporate Governance of Information Technology based on ISO/IEC 38500
- Experienced & accredited trainers
- Approved training material
- Training & examination in 5 days
- 31 CPDs
- Excellent first attempt pass ratio
|ISO 38500 Lead ITCG Manager||Contact us to schedule this session for your team at your preferred location and dates|
This International Standard provides principles, definitions, and a model for good governance of IT, to assist those at the highest level of organizations to understand and fulfil their legal, regulatory, and ethical obligations in respect of their organizations' use of IT
This International Standard provides guiding principles for members of governing bodies of organizations (which can comprise owners, directors, partners, executive managers, or similar) on the effective, efficient, and acceptable use of information technology (IT) within their organizations.
It also provides guidance to those advising, informing, or assisting governing bodies. They include the following:
- executive managers;
- members of groups monitoring the resources within the organization;
- external business or technical specialists, such as legal or accounting specialists, retail or industrial associations, or professional bodies;
- internal and external service providers (including consultants);
This International Standard applies to the governance of the organization's current and future use of IT including management processes and decisions related to the current and future use of IT. These processes can be controlled by IT specialists within the organization, external service providers, or business units within the organization.
This International Standard defines the governance of IT as a subset or domain of organizational governance, or in the case of a corporation, corporate governance.
This International Standard is applicable to all organizations, including public and private companies, government entities, and not-for-profit organizations. This International Standard is applicable to organizations of all sizes from the smallest to the largest, regardless of the extent of their use of IT.
The purpose of this International Standard is to promote effective, efficient, and acceptable use of IT in all organizations by
- assuring stakeholders that, if the principles and practices proposed by the standard are followed, they can have confidence in the organization's governance of IT,
- informing and guiding governing bodies in governing the use of IT in their organization, and
- establishing a vocabulary for the governance of IT.
IntroductionThis five-day intensive course enables participants to develop the necessary expertise and knowledge to support an organization in implementing and managing Corporate Governance of IT as specified in ISO/IEC 38500. Participants will also gain a thorough understanding of best practices used to appropriately govern a Corporate Governance of IT system across all the principles of ISO/IEC 38500. ISO/IEC 38500 applies to the governance of management processes (and decisions) relating to the information and communication services used by an organization. These processes could be controlled by IT specialists within the organization or external service providers, or by business units within the organization. This training is consistent with COBIT 5 and CGEIT (Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT).
- To understand the implementation of the Corporate Governance of IT by adhering to the governance framework of ISO/IEC 38500
- To gain a comprehensive understanding of the concepts, approaches, standards, methods and techniques required for the effective management of a Corporate Governance of IT
- To understand the relationship between the components of a Corporate Governance of IT, including responsibility, strategy, acquisition, performance, conformance, and human behavior
- To acquire the necessary expertise to support an organization in implementing, managing and maintaining a Corporate Governance of IT as delineated in ISO/IEC 38500
- To acquire the necessary expertise to manage a team implementing a Corporate Governance of IT.
- Project managers or consultants wanting to prepare and to support an organization in the implementation of Corporate Governance of IT
- Corporate Governance auditors
- CIO and Senior Managers responsible for the IT governance of an enterprise and the management of its risks
- External business or technical specialists, such as legal or accounting specialists, retail associations, or professional bodies
- Expert advisors in information technology
- Technical experts wanting to formalize, amend, and/or extend the organizations IT-related objectives
PrerequisitesISO 38500 Foundation Certification or a basic knowledge of ISO 38500 is recommended.
Course FormatThis training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation
- Practice test similar to the certification exam
- Course reference manual containing copy of course slides, support documents, quizzes and answers
- Practice exam
- Course Certificate
- Exam certificate on passing the ISO 38500 Lead IT Corporate Governance Manager examination
CPDs AssignedThis course qualifies for Thirty One (31) CPDs.
- Day 1: Introduction to IT Governance and ISO/IEC 38500
- Day 2: IT Strategy and Acquisition
- Day 3: Performance and Risk Management
- Day 4: Resource Management, Conformance, and Human Behavior
- Day 5: Certification Exam
- Standards ISO/IEC 38500, COBIT 5, and CGEIT
- Fundamental principles of the Corporate Governance of IT
- Governance model for the Corporate Governance of IT
- Assigning roles & accountabilities
- Establishing the GEIT Team and drafting the GEIT Project Plan
- The difference between governance and management
- Meeting stakeholder needs through benefits realization, risk optimization, and resource optimization
- Formulating a strategy and managing changes in strategy
- Establishing an IT strategy committee
- Acquisition – Balancing benefits opportunities, costs, and risks
- Categorizing IT investments
- Managing investments in IT
- Calculation of benefits using cost-benefit techniques
- Drafting and implementing cost optimization strategies
- Continuous improvement through Six Sigma, TQM and PDCA
- Interoperability of diverse systems and organizations
- Risk management
- Implementing a Business Continuity Management System
- Contract Management, Relationship Management, and Asset Management through SLAs and OLAs
- Governance of data
- Record and monitor IT resource utilization and availability
- Outsourcing practices: Onsite, Offsite, and Offshore
- Measure continuous performance of service delivery
- Governance of conformance to legal requirements and other standards
- Governance of human behavior and management of organizational and cultural change
Certification ExaminationA 3-hour certification exam is scheduled on the last day of the course. The exam is paper-pencil based.
Content of the examThe “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 38500 Lead IT Corporate Governance Manager" exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Principles for good Corporate Governance of IT
- Domain 2: Evaluate-Direct-Monitor Model of ISO/IEC 38500
- Domain 3: Guidance for the Corporate Government of IT
- Domain 4: Evaluate the need and applicability of each principle
- Domain 5: Direct the adherence to each principle
- Domain 6: Monitor all or key activities related to all the principles
Eligibility for ExaminationThere is no prerequisite for this certification exam.
Why select Business Beam as your Training Provider?
Exam passing guaranteeEnjoy one FREE exam retake if you fail in the first attempt. (What’s this?)
Free lifetime revisionRefresh your concepts by re-attending our training session for FREE. (What’s this?)
Accredited Training OrganizationBusiness Beam is an ATO and PECB Partner.
Accredited course materialThe training material is accredited and approved.
Quality Training MaterialYou will receive 550+ page comprehensive training manual.
Accredited trainersOur trainers are experienced consultants and accredited trainers.
Excellent first attempt pass ratioBusiness Beam maintains 90%+ first attempt pass ratio.
Excellent feedback:92%+ of our overall customers rates us excellent or very good.
Experience tells all500+ accredited courses to 7,000 professionals in classroom.
At your premisesThis training is also available at your preferred premises and timings.
FREE Exam Retake
Business Beam offers one FREE exam retake option to its valuable training participants who don’t pass exam in the first attempt.
- This offer is time limited, starting from 2015 and onwards.
- This offer is valid for selected courses only, including ITIL Foundation & Intermediate Level, PRINCE2 Foundation, and ISO 27001, ISO 22301, ISO 20000, ISO 38500 & ISO 9001 related exams.
- Free examination retake is subject to 100% advance payment of training and exam fee.
- Free examination retake offer shall NOT be applicable in following conditions:
- If candidate does not attend the training session up to 3 hours or more;
- If candidate does not write the examination (first time) on the last day of training session;
- In case of online examinations, Candidate fails because of laptop or desktop issues.
- Exam retake must be availed within 6 months of the initial exam.
- This offer can be availed only at the offices of Business Beam, at Dubai or Karachi.
- This offer is non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash or credit.
- The terms and conditions are subject to change without any prior notice.
FREE Lifetime Revisions
Business Beam offers FREE lifetime revisions to its valuable training participants, who want to refresh their concepts. Participants are welcome to attend training again for FREE.
- This offer can only be availed by the participants who attends our training sessions in 2016 and onwards.
- For revision, participants may join any of our pre-scheduled open-enrollment training session at any location worldwide. Updated training schedule is available at our website (www.businessbeam.com).
- Participants are welcome do more than one revisions, as required.
- Revision participant shall pay the training logistic expenses.
- This offer shall not be applicable if the course version changes (e.g. PMP based on PMBOK v5 to v6).
- Training attendance certificate shall not be issued to revising participants.
- This offer is valid for training courses only; examinations of any kind are not part of this offer.
- This offer subjects to the confirmation of training session, and the availability of space.
- The terms and conditions are subject to change without any prior notice.