ISO 27001 Foundation
Accredited by PECB
Become acquainted with the best practices for implementing and managing an Information Security Management System (ISMS) based on ISO/IEC 27001
- Experienced & accredited trainers
- Accredited training material
- Training & examination in 2 days
- 14 CPDs
- Excellent first attempt pass ratio
|ISO 27001 Foundation||Contact us to schedule this session for your team at your preferred location and dates|
The information security management system preserves the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information by applying a risk management process and gives confidence to interested parties that risks are adequately managed.
It is important that the information security management system is part of and integrated with the organization’s processes and overall management structure and that information security is considered in the design of processes, information systems, and controls. It is expected that an information security management system implementation will be scaled in accordance with the needs of the organization.
This International Standard can be used by internal and external parties to assess the organization's ability to meet the organization’s own information security requirements.
Controls in ISO 27001These are 114 controls in ISO 27001, organized in Annex-A of the document. These controls are classified into 14 control areas, as follows:
- Information Security Policies
- Organization for Information Security
- HR Security
- Asset Management
- Access Control
- Physical & Environmental Security
- Operations Security
- Communications Security
- Systems Acquisitions, Development & Maintenance
- Supplier Relationships
- Information Security Incident Management
- Information Security Aspects of BCM
IntroductionThis course enables participants to learn about the best practices for implementing and managing an Information Security Management System (ISMS) as specified in ISO/IEC 27001:2013, as well as the best practices for implementing the information security controls of the eleven domains of the ISO 27002. This training also helps to understand how ISO/IEC 27001 and ISO 27002 relate with ISO 27003 (Guidelines for the implementation of an ISMS), ISO 27004 (Measurement of information security) and ISO 27005 (Risk Management in Information Security).
- To understand the implementation of an Information Security Management System in accordance with ISO/IEC 27001
- To understand the relationship between an Information Security Management System, including risk management, controls and compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of the organization
- To know the concepts, approaches, standards, methods and techniques allowing to effectively manage an Information Security Management System
- To acquire the necessary Knowledge to contribute in implementing an Information Security Management System (ISMS) as specified in ISO/IEC 27001
- Members of an information security team
- IT Professionals wanting to gain a comprehensive knowledge of the main processes of an Information Security Management System (ISMS)
- Staff involved in the implementation of the ISO/IEC 27001 standard
- Technicians involved in operations related to an ISMS
- CxO and Senior Managers responsible for the IT governance of an enterprise and the management of its risks
Course FormatThis training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation
- Practice test similar to the certification exam
- Course reference manual containing copy of course slides, support documents, quizzes and answers
- Course Certificate
- Exam certificate on passing the ISO 27001 Foundation examination
CPDs AssignedThis course qualifies for Fourteen (14) CPDs
- Day 1: Introduction to Information Security Management System (ISMS) concepts as required by ISO/IEC 27001
- Day 2: Implementing controls in information security according to ISO/IEC 27002 and Certification Exam
o Introduction to management systems and the process approach
o Fundamental principles information security
o General requirements: presentation of the clauses 4 to 8 of ISO/IEC 27001
o Implementation phases of ISO/IEC 27001 framework
o Continual improvement of Information Security
o Conducting an ISO/IEC 27001 certification audit
- Documentation of an information security control environment
- Monitoring and reviewing the information security controls
- Examples of implementation of information security controls based on ISO 27002 best practices
- Certification Exam
Certification ExaminationA 60-minute certification exam is scheduled on the last day of the course. The exam is paper-pencil based.
Content of the examThe “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Foundation” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of information security
Domain 2: Information Security Management System (ISMS)
Eligibility for ExaminationThere is no prerequisite for this certification exam.
Why select Business Beam as your Training Provider?
Exam passing guaranteeEnjoy one FREE exam retake if you fail in the first attempt. (What’s this?)
Free lifetime revisionRefresh your concepts by re-attending our training session for FREE. (What’s this?)
Accredited Training OrganizationBusiness Beam is an ATO and PECB Partner.
Accredited course materialThe training material is accredited and approved.
Quality Training MaterialYou will receive 250+ page comprehensive training manual.
Accredited trainersOur trainers are experienced consultants and accredited trainers.
Excellent first attempt pass ratioBusiness Beam maintains 95%+ first attempt pass ratio.
Excellent feedback:92%+ of our overall customers rates us excellent or very good.
Experience tells all500+ accredited courses to 7,000 professionals in classroom.
At your premisesThis training is also available at your preferred premises and timings.
FREE Exam Retake
Business Beam offers one FREE exam retake option to its valuable training participants who don’t pass exam in the first attempt.
- This offer is time limited, starting from 2015 and onwards.
- This offer is valid for selected courses only, including ITIL Foundation & Intermediate Level, PRINCE2 Foundation, and ISO 27001, ISO 22301, ISO 20000, ISO 38500 & ISO 9001 related exams.
- Free examination retake is subject to 100% advance payment of training and exam fee.
- Free examination retake offer shall NOT be applicable in following conditions:
- If candidate does not attend the training session up to 3 hours or more;
- If candidate does not write the examination (first time) on the last day of training session;
- In case of online examinations, Candidate fails because of laptop or desktop issues.
- Exam retake must be availed within 6 months of the initial exam.
- This offer can be availed only at the offices of Business Beam, at Dubai or Karachi.
- This offer is non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash or credit.
- The terms and conditions are subject to change without any prior notice.
FREE Lifetime Revisions
Business Beam offers FREE lifetime revisions to its valuable training participants, who want to refresh their concepts. Participants are welcome to attend training again for FREE.
- This offer can only be availed by the participants who attends our training sessions in 2016 and onwards.
- For revision, participants may join any of our pre-scheduled open-enrollment training session at any location worldwide. Updated training schedule is available at our website (www.businessbeam.com).
- Participants are welcome do more than one revisions, as required.
- Revision participant shall pay the training logistic expenses.
- This offer shall not be applicable if the course version changes (e.g. PMP based on PMBOK v5 to v6).
- Training attendance certificate shall not be issued to revising participants.
- This offer is valid for training courses only; examinations of any kind are not part of this offer.
- This offer subjects to the confirmation of training session, and the availability of space.
- The terms and conditions are subject to change without any prior notice.