Learn how to perform a formal Process Capability Assessment based on COBIT® 5 and how to identify opportunities for improving the governance and management of IT assets
- Experienced & accredited trainers
- Approved training material
- Training & examination in 3 days
- Practice examination
- Excellent first attempt pass ratio
|COBIT® 5 Assessor||Contact us to schedule this session for your team at your preferred location and dates|
COBIT has a 20 years history of helping organization of all sizes and all industries use IT activity to better address stakeholders needs and goals.
The latest version of COBIT embodies thought leadership and guidance from business, IT and governance experts around the world. Additionally in response to increased necessity for cyber resilience COBIT 5 has two new levels: Implementing the NIST Standards using COBIT 5 (INCS) and COBIT Assessor for Security (AS). These levels of COBIT 5 Certification focus on the business drivers to prioritize cyber security activities and integrate cyber security with the organization’s overall risk management processes
COBIT 5 helps enterprises of all sizes, regardless of sector:
- Maintain high quality information to support business decisions.
- Achieve strategic goals and realize business benefits through the effective and innovative use of IT
- Achieve operational excellence through reliable, efficient application of technology
- Maintain IT-related task at an acceptable level
- Optimize the cost of IT services and technology
- Support compliance with relevant laws, regulations, contractual agreements and policies
COBIT 5 Qualification SchemeThree (3) qualifications are available in COBIT 5. These are:
1. COBIT 5 Foundation
2. COBIT 5 Implementer
3. COBIT 5 Assessor
IntroductionIn the COBIT 5 Assessor course you will master the understanding of how to perform a formal Process Capability Assessment and how it can be used to enable business goals, prioritize improvement activities and identify opportunities for improving the governance and management of IT assets.
The course provides the basis for assessing an enterprise’s process capabilities against the COBIT 5 Process Reference Model (PRM). Evidence-based to enable a reliable, consistent and repeatable way to assess IT process capabilities, this model helps IT leaders gain C-level and board member buy-in for change and improvement initiatives.
Assessment results provide a determination of process capability. They can be used for process improvement, delivering value to the business, measuring the achievement of current or projected business goals, benchmarking, consistent reporting and organizational compliance. The course is supported by practical exercises and engaging case-based scenarios.
A successful practitioner candidate will be able to become an assessor or a lead assessor and apply for full ISACA certification if they can supply further proof of the competences required by ISACA.
Learning ObjectivesAt the end of this course, participants will gain competencies in how to:
- perform a process capability assessment using the Assessor Guide
- apply the Process Assessment Model (The PAM) in performing a process capability assessment, specifically:
- identify and assess the roles and responsibilities in the process capability assessment process
- perform and assess the 7 steps outlined in the Assessor Guide, specifically
- use the self-assessment guide
- To apply and analyze the measurement model in assessing process capability levels
- To apply and analyze the capability dimension using generic criteria outlined in the PAM
- Scope an assessment, using the tools provided and the PAM for the selection of the appropriate processes
- Plan and brief the teams
- Collect and validate the data
- Do a process attribute rating
- Report the findings of the assessment
Recommended ParticipantsSenior IT Management, Seniors Business Managers IT Auditors, IT Managers, IT Quality Professionals, IT Process Owners & Process Managers, Governance Managers.
PrerequisitesSuccessful Completion of the COBIT 5 Foundation Exam.
Course FormatThe course uses a stimulating mix of instructions, workshops, quizzes, discussions and a practice-exam.
- Course reference manual containing copy of course slides, support documents, quizzes and answers
- COBIT 5 Process Assessment Model (PAM)
- COBIT 5 Assessment Guide
- Practice exam
- Course Certificate
- Overview and Recap of COBIT Foundation
- Overview of the COBIT 5 Assessment Model
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Initiation of the Assessment
- Scoping of the Assessment
- Planning the Assessment and Briefing the Teams
- Data Collection
- Data Validation
- Process Attribute Rating
- SWOT Analysis
- Assessment Reporting
- Simulation of an Assessment
- Assessors Guide
- Competency Requirements
- Creating Teams
- Assessment Initiation
- Initiation Phase in Detail
- Application of the Scoping Processes
- Properly applying the Planning and Briefing Phase
- Analyzing Accurateness and Completeness of Evidence
- Validating the Data
Practice ExamA 2.5-hour practice exam is part of the course. The practice exam aims to help participants in passing the COBIT 5 Assessor certification exam.
Certification ExaminationCertification examination is held on the last day of the training course. The exam is:
- Objective testing format
- 8 questions per paper with 10 marks available per question
- 40 marks or more required to pass (out of 80 available) - 50%
- 2½ hours duration
- Open book (COBIT 5 PAM and Assessor Guide allowed))
Eligibility for ExaminationSuccessful Completion of the COBIT 5 Foundation Exam.
Why select Business Beam as your Training Provider?
Free lifetime revisionRefresh your concepts by re-attending our training session for FREE. (What’s this?)
Accredited Training OrganizationBusiness Beam is an ATO and PECB Partner.
Accredited course materialThe training material is accredited and approved.
Quality Training MaterialYou will receive a comprehensive training manual.
Accredited trainersOur trainers are experienced consultants and accredited trainers.
Excellent first attempt pass ratioBusiness Beam maintains excellent first attempt pass ratio.
Excellent feedback:92%+ of our overall customers rates us excellent or very good.
Professional development unitsThis course offers 16 PDUs or contact hours from PMI Inc.
Experience tells all500+ accredited courses to 7,000 professionals in classroom.
At your premisesThis training is also available at your preferred premises and timings.
Exam Passing Guarantee
At Business Beam, we are confident about the quality of our training execution, accredited trainers and material. The company maintains excellent first attempt exam pass ratio. We therefore offer unique Exam Passing Guarantee to our exam candidates. If a candidate does not pass exam in the first attempt, Business Beam will pay 50% of re-attempt exam fee.
- Exam Passing Guarantee offer is available for one re-attempt only.
- Exam Passing Guarantee offer is valid for selected courses only, including ITIL Foundation & Intermediate Level, PRINCE2 Foundation, and COBIT Foundation related exams.
- Exam Passing Guarantee is valid for participants attending our pre-scheduled open-enrollment (public) training programs only.
- Exam Passing Guarantee is subject to 100% advance payment of training and exam fees.
- Exam Passing Guarantee offer shall NOT be applicable in following conditions:
- If candidate does not attend the training session up to 30 minutes or more;
- If candidate does not write the examination (first time) within ten calendar days of training session;
- In case of online examinations, Candidate fails because of technical issues related to his/her laptop, desktop or internet connection.
- Exam retake must be availed within 6 months of the initial exam.
- Exam retake can be availed only at the Business Beam offices located at Karachi or Dubai.
- This offer is non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash or credit.
- This offer is time limited, starting from July 2017 and onwards.
- Business Beam reserves the right to withdraw the offer, or change its terms and conditions without any prior notice.
FREE Lifetime Revisions
Business Beam offers FREE lifetime revisions to its valuable training participants, who want to refresh their concepts. Participants are welcome to attend training again for FREE.
- This offer can only be availed by the participants who attends our training sessions in 2016 and onwards.
- For revision, participants may join any of our pre-scheduled open-enrollment training session at any location worldwide. Updated training schedule is available at our website (www.businessbeam.com).
- Participants are welcome do more than one revisions, as required.
- Revision participant shall pay the training logistic expenses.
- This offer shall not be applicable if the course version changes (e.g. PMP based on PMBOK v5 to v6).
- Training attendance certificate shall not be issued to revising participants.
- This offer is valid for training courses only; examinations of any kind are not part of this offer.
- This offer subjects to the confirmation of training session, and the availability of space.
- The terms and conditions are subject to change without any prior notice.